Friday, July 8, 2011

Coffee, Ice Cream and Caramel Fudge Sauce.

Phew… what a day! I spent the entire day with my housekeeper spring cleaning our kitchen so I could find space for all the treasures I got from my Mom yesterday. It was serious manual labour but now my kitchen looks so tidy and organised I can just stand there and stare at it with admiration. In between all this I baked a loaf of bread from various left over things in my grocery cupboard – rye flour, cake flour, crushed wheat, seed mix and coconut. Phiwe and I had that for lunch straight out the oven with lashings of cold salted butter.

I think I might still write a post about some of the treasures in my now pristine kitchen… some seriously special stuff there, with some great stories attached.

In the afternoon Phiwe and I were pretty exhausted, not having sat down once the whole day. I decided to spoil us with a little pick me up. I brewed some strong Origin coffee, scooped up some vanilla ice cream drizzled it with So!Go caramel fudge sauce and then poured some of the coffee around the ice cream. We gratefully scooped up the heavenly concoction, and smiled – ready for the final wave of our spring clean.

This would be a great hassle free dessert after a weekend meal. That sauce is such a great thing to have in the cupboard for a last minute, easy dessert. It would be great in pancakes, in a cake, on cup cakes and on ice cream. Try it, it will make you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment