Thursday, August 25, 2011

Home made mayonnaise in minutes!


There are some cooking methods which are just so much easier to demonstrate than to explain in writing... making mayonnaise the quick and easy way is one of those. I got Annika to video me on Tuesday doing just that. Please note - this is NOT a professional video and it was done first time, no practicing or editing, so please don't laugh... feeling a bit insecure about my first vlog (video blog)! This is just me at home, feeling a bit awkward, so view it as such.

Okay, so check it out and let me know if this will encourage you to try this yourself, the mayonnaise that is?



The ingredients in the recipe which I made on the vlog (more or less)

1 large egg
1 cup of oil (3/4 sunflower; 1/4 olive oil)
1/2 a tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper
2 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp of lemon juice (and perhaps a little more)
a piece of lemon rind
1 heaped tsp of smooth dijon mustard
1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp of parmesan grated

No comments:

Post a Comment