Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pear and summer berry clafoutis!


Today's blog is long overdue as I bought the ingredients to make this dessert almost three weeks ago but never got around to making it. Then I made it on the spur of the moment last week Monday and it's taken me this long to get it in blog format... But the memory of that light fluffy creamy pastry filled with soft pears and the tang of summer berries is still lingering.

The original inspiration for the dessert was an article in Crush online magazines 15th edition - the recipe is Francios Ferreira's but is a traditional french recipe. I modified the recipe slightly using what I had available. I used tinned pears, blackberries and raspberries as the fruit but I did not stew them. I didn't add the extra butter and brandy which was specified in the recipe. Once I had made the batter, I layered half of it in the dish, topped that with the pears, covered that with the remaining batter and topped that with the fresh berries before popping it in the oven.



It was delicious! Despite being anything but light in calories, the texture and taste is light. The combination of the lovely creamy batter and tartness of the berries was perfect. It was also pretty quick and easy to put together.

Now if only I had gotten my bucks in a row to have this waiting for my husband tonight when he gets back from work, my brownie points would be at an all time high! Alas, chilled bubbles before our much anticipated dinner at Haiku will have to suffice.

At a luncheon 10 days ago when said clafoutis was enjoyed!


PS - if you haven't already voted for me in the Eat In top local food blog awards - please do so by clicking on the icon below, then click on the pink voting button at the top of the page and following the prompts.

If you really really like my blog, then share it with your friends on facebook or twitter by clicking the share buttons on the left side of this page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment