Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pimm's anyone?



If you have ever drunk a well made Pimm's cup, I’m sure you will agree that it tastes like a breath of fresh summer air on a late afternoon! It is light, fruity and refreshing with just a hint of spiciness. If you think I’m getting a bit carried away here, that can only be because you haven’t had a really good one yet.

Adam mixed us a punch bowl full this weekend which was just perfect. So perfect, I had to make some more yesterday afternoon. I sadly couldn’t find strawberries but I found plums which were so ruby red and perfectly ripe, I thought they might just do the trick as well.

If you can possibly help it, stick to the original recipe and you will have a cocktail to be reckoned with!

Original Pimm's no. 1 Cup

1 part Pimm's no. 1
3 parts chilled lemonade
Cucumber, thinly sliced or diced 
Orange, segmented or sliced and halved
Strawberry, quartered or sliced
Mint leaves, slightly bruised

I use 50ml of Pimms to 150ml of lemonade per person as a guide line. I like to add the fruit and Pimm's together first and allow the flavours to combine for a little while, before adding lots of ice and the chilled lemonade. This makes a great punch bowl too.

You can vary the fruit a little, but I would not change the cucumber or the mint as they add the freshness which is so appealing about the drink. 


Aren't they the most gorgeous looking plums?!

2 comments:

  1. I will get some tomorrow right? Soo excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course!!! And will make sure I have the berries for that round!

      Delete