Friday, March 16, 2012

Lunch for a lazy rainy day


Today it's raining in Cape Town. My husband just left for a 10 day business trip to Russia this morning. I worked flat out on my feet for 13 hours yesterday. I'm working a full day on Saturday. I think it's okay not to feel like doing much this afternoon. I also thinks it's okay that I'm a bit over food today. I do however not think it's okay to eat junk.

I have made a big pot of sausage and veggie soup from left overs in the pantry and fridge but all in all it tasted great and left me feeling nourished and satisfied with very little fuss. A good vegetable stock base with garlic, ginger and lemon juice added and some dried lentils cooked in the broth. Grated carrot, butternut and sweet corn. A can of chopped tomatoes and four sausages (mine were veggie sausages as I keep then in the freezer for Adam). I added fresh thyme at the end and served it with a dollop of Greek yogurt. Not glam but so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment