Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Vietnamese Spring Rolls

Today I feeling totally all over the place. I have painters all over my house, I have a million things to do and none of them related to each other, the weather is miserable and all I feel like doing is crawling into bed and watching movies. Bleh! So in typical Thekla style I have been procrastinating and while doing that I came across an old video I made on how to make Vietnamese spring rolls. Now I'm totally inspired as they are sooooo delicious and fun to make! On my errands today I am going to pop past the Chinese store to stock up on ingredients. Yay!


Vietnamese Spring Rolls

Makes 10

100g of rice vermicelli noodles
¼ cucumber, julienned
Small bunch of spring onions, cut into diagonal pieces
Fresh coriander, mint and/or basil leaves, washed and picked
1 large carrot, julienned
1 cup of shredded cooked chicken breast, cooked prawns, duck or pork
100g peanuts, roughly chopped
10 Spring roll rice wrappers (the dehydrated kind)

Dipping sauce
¼ of a cup sweet chilli sauce
¼ of a cup soya sauce
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 cm of fresh ginger, finely chopped

Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.
Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Place the wrapper onto a plate and leave a few minutes until the wrapper is tender and pliable. In a row across the center, place a handful of vermicelli, fresh herbs and other ingredients leaving about 6cm uncovered on each side. Fold the uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper.
In a small bowl, mix the dipping sauce ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment