Thursday, September 12, 2013

Creamy tuna dip



For someone who eats most things the one thing I am a bit picky with is fish. I love fish if it is fresh fresh fresh and prepared with care. If there is a hint of that been standing too long fishy smell, my stomach churns. It may not necessarily be off yet, but I most certainly will be off it. 

My 100% love it, go to fish will always be good old tinned tuna. It may not be fashionable but it is something that just hits my comfort food spot. I love a tuna pasta, tuna salad, tuna mayo as a sandwich filling and tuna cream as a dip or spread. 

I taught my tuna cream recipe to a client last week and have made it for myself at home twice since then. It's quite addictive. It is great served as a snack before a dinner party or at a braai. Great to have in the fridge to snack on with carrot sticks, rice cakes or in a sandwich. And kids love! 


Tuna cream dip
Makes about a cup and a half of dip

2 x tins of tuna (240g drained weight)
1 Tbsp of chopped spring onion
1 Tbsp of capers
½ tsp of lemon zest
½ Tbsp of lemon juice
½ Tbsp of balsamic vinegar
½ Tbsp of soya sauce
1 Tbsp of chopped parsley and/or dill
4 Tbsp of mayonnaise
1 Tbsp of tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste


Blend all the ingredients to a fine creamy paste. Serve with bruschetta and crudités. 

No comments:

Post a Comment